Toggle menu

Discretionary Housing Payment

What is the Discretionary Housing Payment?

If you currently receive Housing Benefit or Universal Credit that includes a housing costs element, but are still having trouble paying your rent, you may be able to get extra help. These are payments to help with housing costs, including rent.

How do I apply?

How will you let me know your decision?

We will tell you our decision in writing giving the details of the amount and period of the award. If we cannot make an award we will explain why.

Can I appeal against the decision?

If you disagree with our decision you should write to us within one month of receiving your letter, telling us the reasons why you disagree with it. We will then review our decision.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email