Toggle menu

Rubbish and recycling

About waste management

Please note that the dates for household waste collection are changing from 1 April 2024. You can find out more details about why this is occurring in our frequently asked questions section.

The Council is committed to reducing the amount of waste that is generated locally. As a local authority we are responsible for collecting bins and waste in the Borough.

We provide three waste collections:

  • black bins for household rubbish 
  • green bins for recycling 
  • brown bins for garden waste (subscription service)

We are also a member of Norfolk Recycles, a scheme run by Norfolk County Council and local authorities in the area aimed at:

  • providing a quality recycling service across the whole of Norfolk
  • reducing the amount of rubbish collected in the residual waste bins

You can find out more about the scheme, including ways you can recycle more at home and at work, on the Norfolk Recycles (opens new window) website.

Last modified on 12 June 2024

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email