Parking and Roads

We offer pay and display cark parks as well as a residents' parking scheme. You could also get a refund on your first hour of parking in our town centre car parks. We operate civil parking enforcement as part of the Norfolk Parking Partnership.

Collapse all Reveal all

Where can I park in town?

We offer 24-hour parking in most of our pay and display car parks. See our map below for prices and locations - the blue icons indicate short-stay parking, the green indicate long-stay.

You can park motorcycles for free at the South Quay, North Drive, Euston Road, Central Beach and King Street car parks as well as in designated bays. You can also pay to park them in normal bays.

Do I have to pay for disabled parking?

Yes. We charge the same prices for disabled bays at our pay and display car parks. However, if you park on the seafront and display a valid blue badge, you do not have to pay. You can also park for up to three hours on permitted double-lined areas if you display a blue badge and parking clock set to the time that you arrived. Please check The Blue Badge scheme book that you receive with the blue badge for a full list of places where you can and can't park.

Can I apply for a parking exemption?

You can apply for a parking dispensation if you need to park close to a property to carry out works and there are certain restrictions in place.

There are two types of permit:

  • Dispensation Permits - these allow you to park on single or double-yellow lines and in timed bays and cost £5 per day per vehicle
  • Contractor permits - these allow you to park in a resident's bay and cost £2.50 per day per vehicle or £8 per week

You must apply at least three days before you need the exemption (weekends not included). We may not allow exemptions if they adversely affect other people or could cause danger.

You can also apply to suspend parking bays for things like maintenance work or special events. You must give a minimum notice of 10 days if you want to apply for a suspension.

How do I pay or challenge a Penalty Charge Notice?

We are changing the way that Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) issued in this borough are handled. The changes cover payments and challenges.

From 19 March 2018, through partnership arrangements, the service of PCNs issued will be provided by the Parking Operations Team at the Borough Council of King's Lynn & West Norfolk.

If you receive a PCN on or after 19 March 2018, you will need to either pay the fine or put your challenge in writing to the Borough Council of King's Lynn & West Norfolk.

You can pay your PCN or make a challenge using the links below. However, depending on when your PCN was issued, it may be dealt with by the Borough Council of King's Lynn & West Norfolk and you may be transferred to its website.

In all cases, you will need your PCN reference and vehicle registration number in order to either pay or lodge a challenge.

Pay or challenge a PCN by choosing one of the links below:

Can I pre-pay for parking?

Yes, you can pre-book weekly, weekend or monthly tickets for all but the following car parks:

Ticket type

Ticket validity and cost

Car parks where ticket is NOT valid


A Weekly Car Park Rover ticket is valid for eight days from the day you buy it and costs £28.60

Howard Street (Palmers), Marina Centre North and South, Blackfriars Road and Middlegate


A 3 Day (72hr) Car Park Rover ticket is valid from midday Friday until the following Monday at midday and costs £10.60

Howard Street (Palmers), Marina Centre North and South, Blackfriars Road and Middlegate


A Monthly Permit ticket costs £78.00 per calendar month except Fullers Hill car park and Beach Coach Station where they cost £34.00 per calendar month

Howard Street (Palmers), Euston Road, Anchor Gardens, Marina Centre North and South, Blackfriars, Middlegate, Jetty North and South

All pre-paid tickets must be displayed in the vehicle at all times when parked on a car park, for this reason you are advised to purchase them in advance of the intended start date. Please allow five working days for the permit to be posted to you. Failure to display a valid ticket will result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued against your vehicle.

You can also buy weekend tickets from Beach Coach Station, Sandown Road, Great Yarmouth NR30 1EY (from 30 June - 30 September) or from Tourist Information, Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2EN

Do you offer any residents' parking?

Yes. Our resident parking bays operate between 8am and 6pm - anyone living within our pdf icon permit zone [57kb] can apply for a permit. You have to apply separately for a business permit and if you want a permit for a company car you will have to provide a headed letter from your company as proof. Please note that if you purchase your permits online they will be posted to the address supplied and will only be valid once received and displayed in your vehicle. Please allow three working days for delivery.

The yearly charges for permits are:

  • £40.00 for a residents and visitors permit
  • £130.00 for a business permit
  • £40.00 for a business visitor permit

Non-resident blue badge holders can park all day for free, but we request that residents with blue badges also apply for a resident's permit - we will not charge you for this.

Only one visitor permit is permitted per address.

Can non-residents park in resident parking bays?

Non-residents can buy vouchers that allow them to park in shared use parking bays between 9am and 4pm. These cost £3 per day and are available from:

  • Tourist Information, Maritime House, 25 Marine Parade
  • Crown Stores, 60-61 Crown Road
  • Roundabout Stores, 18 St Peter's Road
  • Childs Newsagents, 129 Nelson Road Central

pdf icon Download a map of the shared use parking bays [679kb].

I need to report a fault

Norfolk County Council maintains most of the 6,000 miles of roads in Norfolk. To report a problem, including potholes, problems with street lights, traffic lights, pavements, bridges and flooding refer to Norfolk County Council's Report a Fault service.

If you need to report a problem with drains please refer to our overview of drains and drainage to see who is responsible for public and private drains and sewerage services.

Do you offer garages for rent?

We have a number of Council owned garages available for let across the Borough. To find out how much it costs and how to apply for a council garage refer to the information on renting a council garage here.

Powered by GOSS iCM