Toggle menu

Private rented housing advice

Problems with your accommodation

We may be able to help if you have problems with the condition or management of your private rented accommodation.

A guide to condensation, damp and mould

Information and advice to help landlords and tenants to identify and reduce condensation as well as treating the mould growth that often comes with it.

Advice for private landlords

Great Yarmouth Borough Council invites you to attend the Landlords Forum

Legal and illegal eviction

If you rent from a private landlord or some registered social providers, you might have an assured shorthold tenancy (AST).

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

An HMO is a house or flat occupied by three or more persons, who form two or more households and where there is a sharing (or lack) of certain basic amenities such as bathrooms, toilets or kitchens.

Safety, standards and security for private rented housing

We advise on, and enforce, housing standards in private rented accommodation.

Selective Licensing Scheme

The Selective Licensing scheme ended as of 7 January 2024.

Deposit protection scheme

All landlords are legally required to use a deposit protection scheme to safeguard deposits taken for assured shorthold tenancy agreements. The landlord must register the deposit with a government-approved scheme.

Report an issue with a property

This form enables you to report an issue with a property, landlord, lettings agent, or tenant.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email