Accessibility statement for the OPENPortal bills and benefits system
This accessibility statement applies to Civica Open Portal and Open Channel Revenues and Benefits Forms for use on openportal.great-yarmouth.gov.uk which are operated by Great Yarmouth Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use these forms. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use most of the website with a screen reader
We endeavour to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
This statement only covers links to Civica Open Portal and Open Channel Revenues and Benefits Forms.
How to make your device easier to use
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This includes how to:
- make text larger
- magnify the screen
- change your fonts
- change your colours
- make your mouse pointer easier to see
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse
- make your device talk to you
Useful websites to help with accessibility
- Help with screen readers - RNIB website
- Microsoft accessibility information
- Apple accessibility support
Translating this website
Some content and resources on our website regarding services is already translated and available for use.
You can also view the entire website in a different language for free using Google Translate. We have provided language specific links listed below:
Please be aware that Google Translate automatically translates content and may result in unreliable translations.
Google Translate is provided for free by a third party (Google) and Great Yarmouth Borough Council cannot be not responsible for the content or accuracy of the translation.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- page titles (not heading) do not describe the purpose of the page and state "OPENPortal"
- extraneous empty paragraph tags, which can cause issue with screen readers indicating paragraphs (vertical whitespace should be handled by styling)
- missing unordered list structure - a dot has been used in a paragraph to make a bullet point list rather than by using a <ul><li> based structure which assistive technologies can understand and explain to the reader their context
- contrast issue on side menu: 3:35 needs to be 4:5 minimum for AA compliance, 7:0 for AAA compliance
- Find Address button: contrast issue on hover, 6:85 needs to be 7:0 for AAA compliance
- Find Address button: inconsistent border rendering on hover causes page layout to shudder (visual issue)
- Find Address button: contrast issue on focus, 2:25, minimum for AA compliance, 7:0 for AAA compliance
- Next/Prev buttons: contrast issue on hover, 1:35, 2:25, minimum for AA compliance, 7:0 for AAA compliance
- Next/Prev buttons: contrast passes on focus but is using old brand colours
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format, contact us with:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example, audio recording, braille, BSL, large print, accessible PDF
Provide this information by:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 01493 856100
- post: Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Town Hall, Hall Plain, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2QF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page, or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01493 856100.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations').
If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us via www.great-yarmouth.gov.uk/contactus.
If you would like to visit us in person, and have any accessibility requirements, please get in touch with us via phone, email email@example.com, live chat online or by writing to us to advise of your requirements.
Our offices have audio induction loops available for use.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 9 June 2022.
The following form templates were in scope of this test, which includes each website template page we have on openportal.great-yarmouth.gov.uk:
- Civica Open Portal
- Civica Energy Rebate Form
- Civica Benefit New Claim Form
- Civica Benefit Change of Circumstances Form
- Civica Benefit Discretionary Payment Form
- Civica Single Person Discount
- Civica Council Tax and Business Rates Apply for a Refund
- Civica Business Rates Move in
- Civica Council Tax Move in
- Civica Apply for Council Tax and Business Rates SPAR (special payment arrangement)
See the technical information about this website's accessibility