Businesses invited to attend new sustainability event in Great Yarmouth
Great Yarmouth Borough Council is inviting representatives from local businesses to a new, free event designed to help companies embark on their sustainability journeys.
The Charging Ahead event is part of the council's Making Great Yarmouth Green initiative and takes place at the Yarmouth Stadium on Thursday, November 23.
Organised in partnership with Lets Experience Electric, Charging Ahead will showcase a wide range of innovative technology, key speakers and provide an opportunity for people to network.
Councillor Paul Wells, Great Yarmouth Borough Council's portfolio holder for environment and sustainability, licensing and waste, said: ''We are really excited to be working with our partners for what should be a fascinating event for businesses.
''Lets Experience Electric has huge experience of working with customers to showcase electric vehicles (EV) and infrastructure solutions to increase awareness of EV technology. We are sure this will be a fascinating event for the borough which dovetails with Great Yarmouth Borough Council's sustainability strategy.''
Highlights on the day will include:
· A Showcase of Tomorrow's Tech: An exhibition featuring some of the latest electric vehicles, solar power and green technology.
· Buckle Up for an EV Test Drive: Ever wondered what it is like behind the wheel of an electric vehicle? Test drives will be available, giving businesses a taste of the future of transport.
· Deep Dives with Industry Leaders: Insightful discussions led by industry pioneers. They will offer a clear path through the opportunities, challenges and best practices in sustainable business operations.
· Business Testimonials: We are putting the spotlight on local businesses that have already taken the plunge into sustainability. They will share their triumphs and challenges, providing a roadmap for others looking to follow suit.
· Connect and Collaborate: "Charging Ahead" is not just about information; it is about connection. We are creating an environment that encourages collaboration among local businesses, industry experts and sustainability enthusiasts.
A spokesperson for Great Yarmouth Borough Council, said: ''This event marks a pivotal moment in the council's ongoing journey to build a more sustainable, resilient and prosperous future for Great Yarmouth and its businesses. Working towards Net Zero emissions is a key part of our sustainability strategy and Charging Ahead will be a great opportunity for companies to find out more about how it can benefit their business.''
Charging Ahead takes place at Yarmouth Stadium from 10am until 2pm on Thursday, November 23, and entry is free. To register for the day, please visit https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/chargingahead-makinggreatyarmouthgreen