How we can help
We can provide advice and guidance to help you sustain your tenancy and support wellbeing. We also deliver enhanced support for sheltered housing tenants and other residents as required.
We will contact you in the early stages of your tenancy to resolve any issues that may occur and support you living in your new home and neighbourhood.
Subsequently, we will visit you every three years, delivering a tenancy and wellbeing health check. We can make these visits more frequent to provide additional support as agreed with you.
We can help you access support and opportunities so you can make the most of your home and neighbourhood by offering advice on:
- money and finance
- getting online
- health and wellbeing
- employment, support and training
To contact the Tenancy Support team:
- telephone: South Yarmouth Office on 01493 846825
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What support can you give me?
We are here to help you through any tenancy-related problems you may be having. Or you may have a tenancy for the first time and are just not sure where to go from here.
We aim to give you the information, advice and skills you need to maintain your tenancy, live independently and support your wellbeing.
We can advise and assist with:
- support to help you live independently
- budgeting and money management
- benefit advice and help with forms
- tenancy-related advice including rent arrears and nuisance issues
- learning and developing essential life skills
- helping you to contact other agencies
What support is available for sheltered housing residents?
Useful information and support
Get help and advice on debt, managing your money and looking ahead.
Money advice and benefits
- If you have money worries, we work with DIAL and the Norfolk Citizens Advice Bureau who can provide advice and support.
- If you need some advice on benefits, please visit DIAL or the Norfolk Citizens Advice Bureau; see our Debt advice page for more information.
- If you have been a victim of fraud or a scam please contact Norfolk County Council Trading Standards.
- The Norfolk Assistance Scheme (operated by Norfolk County Council) provides help to people who are unable to meet their immediate needs or who need practical support to set up home.
- Use our handy Benefit calculator to help find out what benefits you can claim.
- Carers Matters Norfolk provides advice and support for unpaid carers.
- For information and support with Housing Benefit and Universal Credit, see our Housing benefit and financial support section.
- Better Together offers help and advice with getting online.
- Norfolk County Council Adult Learning offers courses and advice to gain essential digital skills.
Health and wellbeing
- For information on health and wellbeing take a look at the Norfolk County Council Living Well page.
Employment, support and training
- Our Inclusion project offers advice and support in finding work or training.