Toggle menu

Your tenancy

Here you can find out:

  • how to manage your tenancy
  • how to pay your rent
  • what support is available
  • what to do when you would like to move

If you would like to request any changes or amendments to your tenancy, please complete our Tenancy amendment request form.

Your tenancy agreement

Your tenancy agreement is a contract between you and the Council. It sets out our responsibilities to you and your rights and obligations as a tenant.

Ending your tenancy

Information on ending your tenancy and moving out of your Council home.

Paying your rent

Paying your rent allows you to live in your home and get the housing services we provide.

Debt advice

We have a team who help and advise Council tenants and other residents at risk of homelessness.

Complaint handling

Information about complaints, the Housing Ombudsman Service and the Council's self-assessment process.

Tenancy support

Tenants can find out about the support provided to help sustain tenancies.

Tenant handbook

Explains your rights and responsibilities, as well as the Council's responsibilities as your landlord.

Sheltered accommodation

Information on sheltered accommodation for older people in Great Yarmouth Borough including details of available accommodation, eligibility, how to apply, and support available for older people living in sheltered accommodation.

Contact your local housing office

We have two area housing offices where a team of staff are based to deal with any tenancy-related issues including environmental issues such as cleaning, grounds maintenance and caretaking.

Home contents insurance

Details of the Council's Home Contents Insurance cover for council tenants, with information on how to apply for cover, what's covered and how to make a claim under your policy.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email