Opening offers revealed for Great Yarmouth's new £26m sports and leisure centre
Residents in and around Great Yarmouth can benefit from a range of special offers to mark the launch of the borough's new £26m swimming, sports, and leisure centre.
The new Marina Centre on Marina Parade, Great Yarmouth, boasts a six-lane swimming pool, learner pool and leisure water with flumes; along with a 120-station gym, four court sports hall, 10m indoor climbing zone, three studios, and community spaces.
Many of the facilities feature stunning panoramic views of Great Yarmouth beach, with a central atrium and café open to linking the promenade to the beach and an outdoor performance space.
The centre is due to open in August and will be operated by Freedom Leisure - one of the most successful and growing not for profit leisure and cultural trusts in the UK - on behalf of Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Freedom has now unveiled details of pricing and membership options, including some exclusive pre-opening deals:
- Adult swim membership is £29.95 per month when paid by Direct Debit with a £15 joining fee. Swim membership includes use of the main and learner pools, and 10% discount when using leisure water and flumes.
- Dual Site membership is £39.95 per month when paid by Direct Debit with a £15 joining fee. Membership includes use of the main and learner pools, gyms at the Marina and Phoenix Leisure Centre, and fitness classes, and 10% discount when using leisure water and flumes, climbing wall, and sports bookings.
- Residents can save £15 and join for free if they sign up before the end of June.
- Residents able to pay in advance can get three months free when signing up for annual membership before the end of June.
- Local residents will be able to sign up for a Passport to Leisure membership for a one off fee of £15, and receive a 10% discount on a range of activities until January 2032.
- Discounted memberships will also be available for children, students, 'Blue Light' workers, and those aged 65 and over.
For occasional visitors, prices include £8 for adult swim in the main and learner pools entry or £22 for a family swim ticket, with free entry for children aged three or under. Combined swim in the pools and leisure water pool entry will be £13 for adults or £36 for a family ticket.
Climbing wall sessions will cost £13 for adults or £36 for family tickets, with sports court hire at £10 an hour.
The centre's new website marinacentre.co.uk will be updated with further pricing information and activity timetables ahead of opening.
The Marina's new café will be open to the public, offering great views of the beach as well as some of the activities going on within the centre.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council leader Carl Smith said:
"The new Marina Centre is getting ready for opening and it is great to be able to reveal how people can use the fantastic facilities.
"The centre is open to all residents and visitors, and we have worked with Freedom to keep prices as affordable as possible."
Ivan Horsfall Turner, CEO of Freedom Leisure, said:
"We're excited to be counting down to the opening of this fabulous new centre and can't wait to welcome the local community and visitors of Great Yarmouth. The Marina Centre is an excellent health and wellbeing facility which offers a great range of activities".
Freedom Leisure is currently working with local sports and community groups to arrange times for club use of the facilities.
The building replaces previous incarnations of the Marina Centre on the same site and offers modern and accessible facilities including an adjustable depth swimming pool and confidence gym area.
Freedom has opened a temporary membership office at Maritime House on York Road, opposite the Marina Centre for people to find out more and join up. The office is usually open Monday to Wednesday 10am to 7.30pm; Thursday 9am to 6.30pm; Saturday 9am to 2pm, and Sunday 10am to 3pm - times may fluctuate to meet demand.