Town Deal: Our Place is Your Stage
What is a Town Deal and the Town Deal Board?
The Government has invited Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Bradwell as one of just 101 places to apply for a Town Deal of up to £25m to drive economic regeneration, recovery, jobs and growth through:
- Urban regeneration, planning and land use
- Skills and enterprise infrastructure
We would like local people to help decide how the money could be spent. As part of community engagement in developing the Town Deal submission, the Council worked closely with a Town Deal Board of local professional sector and place leaders to develop an evidence-based Town Investment Plan about how that money could be spent in order to support the funding application.
This advisory board has a diverse membership including strategic thought leaders, investors and entrepreneurs, academics and creatives. The chairman is local business representative, Henry Cator, who is also the local High Steward, and the vice chairman is Chris Sargisson, chief executive of the Norfolk Chambers of Commerce.
Diverse membership comprises leaders from:
- Leading local business representing key sectors
- Business Improvement Districts and business groups
- New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership
- Local colleges and the University of East Anglia
- Great Yarmouth MP Brandon Lewis
- Great Yarmouth Civic Society
- Arms-length Governmental bodies and NGOs (non-governmental organisations)
- Private investors and developers
- Arts and cultural bodies