Introduction to FACET for businesses
FACET is an exciting, forward thinking environmental project set up to support businesses in the tourism and leisure sector to make cost-effective changes that are better for the environment. This means moving away from 'make → use → dispose' to using resources for as long as possible, regenerating materials and in turn preventing costly and unsustainable levels of waste.
Why is this important?
Tourism plays a big role in the economy of the area but also brings challenges, including keeping the region clean and tidy. These issues can be tackled by adopting a sustainable, circular approach.
How FACET can help your business
- Reduce costs related to single use packaging/food waste by researching cheaper solutions.
- Enhance business image with recognition for becoming more environmentally friendly.
- Be part of solutions that make it easier to keep the area clean, so it is attractive to visitors.
- Chance to be involved in operational pilots/trials in the borough to see what works.
- Access to expert advisors and Council officer support to implement greener business practices.
- Opportunity to learn from other UK-based and European partners to share best practice.
- Help reduce the environmental impacts of our production/consumption to preserve our environment for our families and communities.
Examples of solutions businesses may consider
Different solutions will suit different businesses, but some examples may include:
- food and drink containers deposit schemes
- reusable packaging
- community fridges to reduce food waste
- encouraging better on-street recycling
- utilising 'smart bins'
If your business wants to be part of FACET locally, please complete this and return to email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact Ben Gulliver (FACET Project Officer) on the above email or call 07385462294.