Notice of review of polling districts, polling places and polling stations for 2023
Notice is hereby given that Great Yarmouth Borough Council ('the Council') is conducting a review of the polling districts, polling places and polling stations that fall within the Borough of Great Yarmouth.
The purpose of the review is to seek to ensure that:
- all electors in the Borough have such reasonable facilities for voting as are practicable in the circumstances
- so far is reasonable and practicable, the polling places are accessible to all electors, including those who are disabled
The (Acting) Returning Officer (ARO) for the Great Yarmouth Constituency will make comment on the proposals and those representations will be published on the council's website in accordance with the timetable set out below.
Electors within the Borough of Great Yarmouth may make a representation.
The Council would welcome the views from:
- any person or body with expertise in access for persons with any type of disability
- any councillor or Member of Parliament representing electors within the Borough
- Parish councils within the Borough and any organisations representing particular groups or persons in the Borough
- election agents and political parties
Persons or bodies making representations should, if possible, give alternative places that may be used as polling places.
Comments and representations may be submitted as follows:
- by post to Electoral Services, Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Town Hall, Great Yarmouth NR30 2QF
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents relating to the review can be inspected on the Council's website or at the Council's offices.
|9 October 2023|
Publication of notice and commencement of review. Start of public consultation period
|30 October 2023||Publication of the (Acting) Returning Officer's comments and proposals|
|16 November 2023||Public consultation period closes|
|14 December 2023||Final proposals considered at Council|
Denise Wilby, Electoral Services Manager
9 October 2023
Great Yarmouth Borough Council
Town Hall, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 2QF
Telephone 01493 846548 / Email email@example.com