Resident Advantage Card
Introducing the Resident Advantage Card
Residents of the Borough are encouraged to order a Resident Advantage Card that gives cardholders a range of discounts and offers redeemable within the Borough.
Local businesses* are invited to offer a discount through the card. Businesses interested in offering such a discount should contact us at email@example.com.
Cardholders can get:
- a third hour completely free for residents who pay to park for two hours in any town centre car park, including Palmer's car park; this free hour runs alongside other available parking incentives
- 10% discount off food and drink at the St George's Theatre Stage Door Café or theatre bar and get special offers on selected shows; this discount cannot be used in conjunction with other offers
- Bwell Gym's offer of £5.00 off per person a month (Direct Debit), saving of £60.00;
for an annual subscription it's a much better offer as a one-off payment of £275.00
The card will give access to any further discounts which may become available under the scheme.
* Great Yarmouth Borough Council has not vetted the businesses participating in the Resident Advantage Card scheme and cannot warrant the quality of the goods and services they provide.
How do I apply for a Resident Advantage Card?
Complete the Resident Advantage Card application form and pay the one-off fee of £3.50 that is solely to cover the costs of production and postage.
We will send your card to you when it is ready, usually within 10 working days. Limited to one card per person.
Please note that once your application has been processed, we are unable to refund unless due to an error by the Council.
Where can I use my card?
You can use your card at the following Pay and Display car parks:
- Fullers Hill
- Brewery Plain
- Stonecutters Quay
- George Street
- Howard Street
- King Street
- Market Place
- Greyfriars Way
Cardholders will get an hour's free parking when they pay for two or three hours.
You can only use your card for parking once per day.
How do I use my card at the parking machines?
To use your Resident Advantage Card at the town centre parking machines:
- Purchase your Pay & Display ticket from the machine for either two or three hours and display this ticket on your dashboard. To qualify for the free hour, the minimum payment you need to make is £2.00.
- Display your 'Dash' card next to the Pay & Display ticket on your dashboard.
- The Civil Enforcement Officer will automatically add an hour onto the expiry time of the Pay & Display ticket allowing you to stay for your free hour.
If you wish to purchase your parking ticket using the cashless app, by text or by telephone:
- Pay for either two or three hours. To qualify for your free hour the minimum payment you need to make is £2.00.
- Display your 'Dash' card on your dashboard.
- The Civil Enforcement Officer will automatically add an hour onto the expiry time of the ticket you have purchased allowing you to stay for your free hour.
What happens if I lose my card or my details change?
If your card is lost, damaged or stolen you can apply for a replacement. You will have to pay the £3.50 administrative cost.
How long will my card be valid?
Your card will continue to be valid for as long as you live in the Borough.
How do I withdraw my consent?
When you sign up for a Resident Advantage Card you are granting us consent to process your personal information in relation to the scheme. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full details on your rights with regard to this scheme please read our privacy notice for the Resident Advantage Card.