Toggle menu

Parking and roads

I need to report a fault

Road maintenance

Norfolk County Council maintains most of the 6,000 miles of roads in Norfolk. To report a problem, including potholes, problems with street lights, traffic lights, pavements, bridges and flooding refer to Norfolk County Council's Report a problem (opens new window) service.


If you need to report a problem with drains please refer to our overview of drains and drainage to see who is responsible for public and private drains and sewerage services.

Street lights

Street lights in the borough are owned by either Great Yarmouth Borough Council or Norfolk County Council. In order to identify which authority you need to report a street light problem please check the following:

  • Great Yarmouth Borough Council street lighting columns are generally coloured black (but might be unpainted), no more than 6m in height and where there is a maintenance number it will have a suffix of 'R' (for example, "326R")
  • Norfolk County Council lighting columns are generally taller, 6m to 12m in height, and will have a yellow sticker attached with a reference number alongside the NCC and Amey logos
Last modified on 01 May 2024

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email