Toggle menu

Nuisance vehicles

Who deals with nuisance parking on a public highway?

Nuisance parking, such as parking on the pavement or verge where there are no existing yellow line restrictions, parking over an access, or parking causing an obstruction, can be reported to the Police on their non-emergency contact number 101 or by completing their online contact form (opens new window).

The Police are able to issue a fixed penalty fine, or where they consider it necessary, may even move the vehicle (this is extreme).

If a pavement or verge is obstructed by a motorised vehicle, and there are double yellow lines in place on the adjacent highway, a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) can be issued. To report an issue where parking restrictions are in place, please email details to our Parking Team.

Last modified on 28 July 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email