Toggle menu

Pavement licence

What supporting documents do I need to provide with my application?

You will need to provide the following documents in support of your application:

  • A plan showing the location of the premises clearly outlined. Suggested scale 1:100 or 1:150.
  • A plan clearly showing the proposed area covered by the licence in relation to the highway. Suggested scale 1:100 or 1:150. This will need to include:
    • The building line of the premises and adjacent buildings.
    • The location of the kerb line, the distance between the building line and the kerb line.
    • The precise boundary of the proposed street cafe area giving exact metric measurements of the width and depth of the area.
    • The location of existing obstructions within or near to the street café area eg lamp posts, bollards, trees etc.
    • The size and location of the proposed tables, chairs and other furniture and the size and location of enclosure barriers.
  • Photos or brochures showing the proposed type of furniture and information on potential siting of it within the area applied.
  • Evidence that third party liability insurance is in place to the value of £5 million.
  • Evidence that the applicant has met the requirement to give notice of the application. 
  • Any other evidence needed to demonstrate how any local and national conditions will be satisfied.

The fee of £75 can be made online during the application process.

Last modified on 02 March 2022

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email