Toggle menu

Councillor Code of Conduct

What do I do if I have a complaint about the conduct of a Borough or Parish Councillor?

Complaints that a Borough or Parish Councillor may have breached their code of conduct, are dealt with by the Councils' Monitoring Officer and Legal Team in consultation with an Independent Person.

Parish Councils individually have their own code of conduct which can be located on each Council's website. A list of the Parish Councils within the Borough of Great Yarmouth can be found on the Committee Management Information System (opens new window).

The Monitoring Officer can only deal with complaints arising from breaches of the specific rules within the relevant Code of Conduct. In submitting a complaint complainants should be clear as to which part of the code has been breached.


Last modified on 22 May 2024

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email