Get involved in your community
Cultural Connections Volunteering
The world runs on volunteers. People just like you who give their time to make a difference.
Cultural Connections Volunteering is your chance to help at local art, music, theatre, film, and food events - or museums for one of many quieter options. You will learn new skills, build confidence, earn amazing rewards, and feel great to be involved.
Cultural Connections is a new, inclusive volunteering project running across Great Yarmouth and East Suffolk, focused on creating a volunteering family and offering fun and interesting volunteering opportunities that work for you.
Sign up today and start your journey. You will get:
- a menu of exciting volunteering opportunities that are just right for you
- one to one support, including help with travel costs and more
- access to training and skills
- extra rewards you will love
Here are just some of the amazing opportunities you could experience:
- taste the difference at a food festival
- work backstage at your local theatre
- help at the First Light or Out There Festival
- support local museums
- volunteer from your own home
- run your own local event with full support and funding
Cultural Connections Volunteering is run jointly by Great Yarmouth Borough Council and East Suffolk Council. It's funded by Spirit of 2012, which is the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games legacy fund. Spirit awards grants for inclusive arts, sports and volunteering activities in communities that bring people together to improve their wellbeing. The National Lottery Community Fund founded Spirit in 2013 with a £47m endowment to continue and recreate the spirit of pride, positivity and community that inspired people across the UK during the London 2012 Games. Spirit of 2012's grant-holders range from national to small, hyper-local organisations.