My Account Support
My Account provides access to Council services including:
- ordering a Resident Advantage Card
- notifying us of a change of address
- registering for Business Rates
- applying for a Council Tax exemption or discount
- applying for Housing Benefit
- providing feedback about the Council
Registering for My Account provides the facility to build and view a history of your service requests.
If you wish to view your Council Tax account, Business Rates account, Housing Benefit claim or Sundry Debt account, use our OPENPortal service.
How do I register for My Account?
Registering for an account is easy, only takes a couple of minutes and all you need to get started is an email address. You must not use temporary email addresses like Dispostable, Yopmail or Mailinator as we only respond to secure email addresses like Outlook, Gmail and Yahoo etc.
- Go to the My Account Log in / Register page and click the 'Register now' button
- Complete the Registration Details page and click the 'Register' button
- You will then see this page on your screen:
- You will also be sent an email with a link to confirm the creation of your account, using the PIN provided by My Account when you registered; your registration will not be completed unless you use the link and enter the PIN
Why do I need to register for My Account?
You do not have to be a My Account holder to access our online services. However, being a My Account holder provides you with a history of your transactions with the Council in one handy location. Using our online services will save you time, offers greater convenience and allows you to contact us in your own time.
You can access your history by clicking the 'My History' link at the top of the page after you have logged in:
The 'My History' page enables you to:
- review the history of activities you have undertaken within My Account
- access forms you have started and saved, allowing you to complete and submit
Do I need to live in Great Yarmouth Borough to have a My Account?
No, you do not need to live in the Great Yarmouth Borough. If you live outside the borough you can still create a My Account to access some of our online services.
What if I don't get an email to activate my online account?
If you do not receive an email to activate your account, please check that the email hasn't gone directly into your spam or junk folder.
If you still cannot locate the activation email, contact us via My Account Support.
What can I do if I have forgotten my password?
You can reset your password by clicking the 'Forgotten Password' link on the Log in / Register page. After selecting the Forgotten Password link, enter your registered email address and click the 'Request password reset' button.
If you entered a valid, registered email address, a PIN will be displayed on the screen and a message containing a link to reset your password will be sent to the email address associated with the account. Write down or remember this PIN; you will need it to reset your password.
When you follow the link sent to your email account, you will be prompted to enter the PIN; this is a precaution to protect your account should somebody other than you gain access to the activation link.
Can I change my email address?
You can edit your profile including updating your email address. Simply log in to your account, and click 'My Profile' at the top of the page:
The next page provides options to:
- Edit details
- Change email
- Change password
Select the 'Change email' option, enter your new email address and confirm it, before entering your password to confirm you wish to change the email address.
If I no longer require a My Account, how do I close it?
Help and support
If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, contact My Account Support with details of the problem and we will respond to you as soon as we can.
Please provide as much information as possible around the task or application causing you problems. For example, if you can provide a description of the problem(s) encountered, the task that you were performing and any error message received, this will help us diagnose the issue and provide you with a quicker resolution.
Any additional information around the following will also assist us:
- The type of device used eg desktop or mobile
- If a mobile device was used, then the make and model of the device
- Your operating system and version
- The web browser used eg Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox etc