Toggle menu

Council insurance claims

How do I make a claim for compensation?

If an individual or business thinks the Council has acted negligently and is responsible for an accident or financial loss they can make a claim against the Council.

If you wish to make a claim against the Council for personal injury, damaged property or vehicle damage, please complete our insurance claim form, giving as much detail as you can.

We will pass the details on to our insurers and they will decide whether the Council has been legally at fault and how much we should pay in compensation. Unfortunate incidents often occur which are not due to the negligence on either party. Lodging a claim does not automatically result in the payment of compensation and in many cases it does not.

If you have any queries about the process of making a claim please contact the Insurance Team:

Last modified on 10 November 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email