Toggle menu

Council insurance claims

Who is responsible for insuring a former Council flat?

If we are the freeholder of your building, we are responsible for the buildings insurance. You will pay your share as part of your service charges. You must not take out buildings insurance as it is illegal to have more than one building insurance policy covering a property.

If you need to make a claim you should contact the Insurance Team:

We strongly advise that you arrange your own contents insurance to cover your personal belongings. 

Last modified on 10 November 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email