Toggle menu

Legal and financial information

Budgets and spending

We make sure that public money is safeguarded and properly accounted for. See our code of corporate governance for more information.

Council insurance claims

How to make a claim against the Council if you think we should pay you compensation. Your case will be investigated by our insurers.

Data protection

Great Yarmouth Borough Council is committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data.

Freedom of information

Check our publication scheme before you make an FOI request to see if we publish the information on our website.

Gender pay gap data

Details from the Council's gender pay gap data.

National Fraud Initiative

Great Yarmouth Borough Council is required by law to protect the public funds it administers. It may share information provided to it with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds or where undertaking a public function in order to prevent and detect fraud.

Public registers

We maintain a number of registers containing information of public interest including registers of prosecutions, listed buildings, contaminated land, community assets, cooling towers, scrap metal dealers, park home sites and brownfield sites.

Sundry debts

If you owe the Council money for an account other than Council Tax or Business Rates, such as leases, rent, or overpayment of benefit, this is called a sundry debt.

Trade union facility time

Facility time is paid time-off during working hours for trade union representatives to carry out trade union duties.

Statement of Accounts

We publish our finance reports, you can view them here.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email