Toggle menu

Building control

What type of application do I need to make?

There are two types:

  • Building notice application
    This is for domestic work. You do not have to submit working drawings, but we can still ask for further information to clarify complex parts of the works.
  • Full plan application
    This is for domestic and commercial work. To apply, you must submit a copy of plans or drawings and pay the fee. You pay the fee in two instalments - one when you apply and the other when the work begins.

Should you need an application form for either of the above please request it from

Last modified on 13 June 2024

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email