How do I apply for Housing Benefit?
You can apply by completing our online Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support form.
We will need to see:
- evidence of your income - you must provide current payslips or, if you do not have payslips, please ask your employer to complete an
- a completed Statement of Self-Employment Income if you are self-employed
- evidence of your savings and all bank and building society accounts you hold
- evidence of any other capital (e.g. Premium Bonds, ISAs) or assets (e.g. second property)
- evidence of the rent payable on your home
You should make your claim as soon as you need help paying your rent. We normally date a claim from the Monday after your first contact with us.
If you do not have all the evidence we have asked for, do not delay making an application. Apply now and send the evidence to us when you have it. The evidence must normally be supplied within one month of making the application. However, if you are unable to do this, you must contact us to give an estimate of when you will be able to supply the evidence.