Toggle menu

Housing Benefit

How do I apply for Housing Benefit?

You can apply by completing our online Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support form.

We will need to see:

You should make your claim as soon as you need help paying your rent. We normally date a claim from the Monday after your first contact with us.

If you do not have all the evidence we have asked for, do not delay making an application. Apply now and send the evidence to us when you have it. The evidence must normally be supplied within one month of making the application. However, if you are unable to do this, you must contact us to give an estimate of when you will be able to supply the evidence.

Last modified on 15 June 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email