Toggle menu

Housing Benefit

Who is eligible for Housing Benefit?

For most working age customers who are making a new claim, or have a change in their circumstances, Housing Benefit payments was replaced by Universal Credit in this area from 27 April 2016. For working age customers who need help to pay their rent, housing costs need to be claimed via the GOV.UK Universal Credit (opens new window) service.

If you are of pension age and/or a couple that are both of pension age you may be entitled to Housing Benefit and will need to continue claiming using our Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support form.

Last modified on 03 March 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email