How can I find out more information about the site criteria?
The criteria for applicable land parcels are specified in full in the Brownfield Land Register Regulations (2017), and can be broadly summarised as below.
Previously developed land
Also known as brownfield land - as defined in national policy. Note: this excludes land and buildings in agricultural use.
Site size or capacity
At least 0.25ha or capable of supporting at least five net dwellings.
Suitable for development (must meet one of the following four criteria)
- Site is allocated in a Local Plan
- Site has planning permissions
- Site has permission in principle
- Site is appropriate for development as considered by the Local Planning Authority
Available for development
- The owner or developer has an intention to sell or develop the site
- There are no ownership issues or legal impediments in relation to the site
Development is achievable
- It can take place within the next 15 years
- According to information available and any relevant representations received