Brownfield register - overview
This Brownfield Register was published on 16 December 2022 by Great Yarmouth Borough Council. The Council will review and update the register annually.
Land is entered onto Part 1 of the register provided that it meets all the relevant criteria as set out in the Brownfield Land Register regulations (2017).
Broadly speaking, sites should be:
- previously developed land (as defined by the National Planning Policy Framework)
- at least 0.25 hectares in area, or capable of supporting at least five dwellings
- suitable for residential development
- available for residential development
- where residential development of the land is achievable
The Borough Council has not prepared, in 2022, an optional Part 2 of this register (which can grant 'permission in principle' for residential development), but will annually review the desirability of doing so.
Please note that the register does not include any land in those parts of the Borough within the designated Broads area, where the Broads Authority is the local planning authority and responsible for the relevant Brownfield Register.
Great Yarmouth Brownfield Register 16 December 2022 - Version 1
The Brownfield Register is available in the following formats:
- (CSV format)
- an interactive Brownfield Register 2022 sites map
To request alternatives formats of the register please contact the Strategic Planning team.
The register is published under the Open Government Licence.