Resident Advantage Card
Residents of the Borough are urged to order a Resident Advantage Card, which gives cardholders a growing range of discounts and offers redeemable within the Borough.
Local businesses* are invited to offer a discount through the card; businesses interested in offering such a discount should contact Tina Bunn at email@example.com
Current discounts available through the card:
- The card gives a third hour completely free to residents who pay to park for two hours in any town centre car park, including Palmer's car park. This free hour runs alongside other parking incentives available.
- Family-run business, Internet Workwear Ltd, based on South Denes Road, Great Yarmouth, is offering all cardholders a 10% discount on any orders.
- Cardholders can save 15% off food and drink at St George's Theatre café bar, and can also get special offers on selected shows. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with other offers.
- The Grill Restaurant at The Comfort Hotel is offering cardholders 15% off its entire food menu. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Refreshingly Different is an independent charity offering all cardholders 50% off charity sales.
The card will give access to any further discounts which may become available under the scheme.
* Great Yarmouth Borough Council has not vetted the businesses participating in the Advantage Card scheme and cannot warrant the quality of the goods and services they provide.
Complete the Resident Advantage Card application form and pay the one-off fee of £2.50 which is solely to cover the costs of production and postage.
We will send your card to you when it is ready, usually within 10 working days. Limited to one card per person.
Please note that once your application has been processed, unfortunately we are unable to refund unless a GYBC error.
You can use your card at the following Pay and Display car parks:
- Fullers Hill
- Brewery Plain
- Stonecutters Quay
- George Street
- Howard Street
- King Street
- Market Place
- Greyfriars Way
Cardholders will get an hour's free parking when they pay for two or three hours.
- One hour: £1.00
- Two hours: £2.00
- Three hours parking for the price of two: £2.00
- Four hours parking for the price of three: £3.00
- Over four hours: £7.50 (Except at Fullers Hill, where it is £4.30)
You can only use your card for parking once per day.
To use your Resident Advantage Card at the town centre parking machines:
- Press the yellow button
- Present your Resident Advantage Card to the contactless reader
- Screen shows 'Insert Payment, Use Coin or Card'
- Follow the instructions on the board
- Enter payment - minimum amount £2.00 to qualify for an extra hour completely free
- Take ticket and voucher and display ticket in vehicle
The ticket machine will automatically add the extra hour to your ticket when you pay for two or three hours.