Search planning applications
Online registers for Planning and Building Control
The online registers allow you to:
- search for and view details of planning applications and planning appeals
- submit comments on planning applications during the appropriate stage of the application process
- if you are searching for information on the Council's current local plan consultation, please visit the current planning consultations webpage
- the online records are incomplete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal Land Charges Search
- no responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the Planning and Building Control information provided online
- the information contained on this system does not constitute a formal notification of a Planning or Building Control decision, and any actions taken as a result of information on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk
- you can view all applications, appeals and associated documents at the main reception at the Town Hall, during normal office hours, 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday
- under the Local Government (Access to Information Act 1985) your comments on planning applications will be made available for public inspection at the Town Hall
Conditions of use
Plans, drawings and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Tips for using the online search
- To view current applications use 'View, comment on or appeal a planning application'.
- Entries can be typed in either lower case or upper case.
- To display the entire list of applications, leave all fields empty and just click on the search button.
- Remember the system will take a little while to return all of the results.
- If you know the reference number of the application it is recommended you fill in the reference number field only, as completing a number of different fields can cause the search to fail.
- Once you have found the application click on the green reference number to view it.
- You can still comment after the 21 day consultation period by contacting us using the details on this page; however there is no guarantee this will be taken into account.
- Always quote the application number in any correspondence.
- Please be advised that any details submitted as a response to an application may be displayed on our website.
- To find out how to speak at the Development Control Committee, please read our .
To find out how the Planning Department handles your data, please read the following:
- Privacy notice related to fulfilling our statutory planning obligation
- Great Yarmouth Borough Council's Data protection policy