The Great Yarmouth Community Hub supports two community partnerships that run across the Borough. There is one for Great Yarmouth and the Northern Villages, and one for Gorleston and the Southern Parishes.
The purpose of these meetings is to listen, share new projects and opportunities with local groups, develop ideas and support communities by working directly with those living in the area. This is an innovative way for Great Yarmouth Borough Council, partners and communities to work together to bring ideas to life. The aim is to focus on local priorities and explore what matters to communities.
We focus on the topics which local residents wanted included in the Great Yarmouth Locality Strategy:
- Health and wellbeing
- Educational attainment, skills and aspirations
- Vulnerability and exploitation
- Loneliness, isolation and social exclusion
Membership may be made up from different organisations dependent on the priorities of the Community Partnership. This means that the membership of each Partnership can vary, but we are open to members joining in at any time. Attendees may include:
- Councillors representing the Community Partnership area
- Representatives from Norfolk County Council, such as Children's Services, Adult Social Care, Public Health, Libraries and Communities
- Representatives from Great Yarmouth Borough Council, such as Housing, Environmental Services, and the Community Hub
- the police
- Great Yarmouth and Waveney Integrated Care System
- Primary Care Network representatives
- GP surgeries
- Community health providers
- Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Organisations
- Local business representatives
- Representatives from the youth community, including schools, colleges and youth organisations
To be part of these exciting meetings, please get in contact with Dean Wilson, Community Capacity Manager email@example.com.