Toggle menu

Legal and illegal eviction

How can my landlord evict me?

Your landlord can serve you with either a:

  • Section 21 Notice - this lets them serve you two months' notice to leave. They do not need to state why they are evicting you.
  • Section 8 Notice - this is rarely used but allows them to evict you because of things like rent arrears or antisocial behaviour. This condition must be written into your tenancy agreement. They only have to give you two weeks' notice before they apply to the courts.

Contact our housing options team if you are served with either notice.

Last modified on 22 September 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email