Toggle menu

Legal and illegal eviction


If you rent from a private landlord or some registered social providers, you might have an assured shorthold tenancy (AST). You can find more information on your tenancy agreement on GOV.UK (opens new window).

If you have an AST, your landlord has to follow a legal process to evict you. Contact the Housing Options Team to find out if you are being evicted illegally.

Last modified on 22 September 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email