Toggle menu

Alcohol and entertainment licences

How do I become a Designated Premises Supervisor?

Once you have your Personal Licence you are eligible to become the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) for a licensed premises.

You must sign a consent form (PDF) [158KB] (opens new window)  agreeing to be the person responsible for the premises - the licence holder must submit this consent form with their:

  • Premises Licence Application (for new Premises Licence applications)
  • Vary a DPS application (PDF) [293KB] (opens new window) (for existing Premises Licence holders to replace a DPS who is leaving their employment). The fee to vary a DPS is £23.00. The existing DPS should be notified of the new application, it is not necessary to provide them with a copy of the application form.

Once you become a DPS you must:

  • Tell the Council that issued your Personal Licence if you change your name or move home to keep your Personal Licence up to date
  • Tell the premises licence holder as they will need to update their Premises Licence

If you wish to be removed as the DPS for a premises with immediate effect you must serve a letter on the Council stating this. You must also:

  • Serve a copy of this letter on the premises licence holder and the Police within 48 hours and
  • Ask the licence holder to return their Premises Licence to us so we can update it
Last modified on 02 March 2022

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email