Alcohol and entertainment licences
How do I become a Designated Premises Supervisor?
Once you have your Personal Licence you are eligible to become the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) for a licensed premises.
- Premises Licence Application (for new Premises Licence applications)
- (for existing Premises Licence holders to replace a DPS who is leaving their employment). The fee to vary a DPS is £23.00. The existing DPS should be notified of the new application, it is not necessary to provide them with a copy of the application form.
Once you become a DPS you must:
- Tell the Council that issued your Personal Licence if you change your name or move home to keep your Personal Licence up to date
- Tell the premises licence holder as they will need to update their Premises Licence
If you wish to be removed as the DPS for a premises with immediate effect you must serve a letter on the Council stating this. You must also:
- Serve a copy of this letter on the premises licence holder and the Police within 48 hours and
- Ask the licence holder to return their Premises Licence to us so we can update it