Alcohol and entertainment licences
How do I take over an existing premises licence?
- make sure the premises licence annual fee has been paid otherwise the licence is likely to be suspended
- ask the current licence holder to sign a agreeing to transfer the premises licence to you
- send the consent form and completed to the Licensing Team, copies must also be sent to the police and Home Office
- provide a Right to Work document or code (see notes on transfer application form) for individual applicants
- read our Guidance on how to apply to transfer a premises licence for further information
You can choose for the transfer to take place with immediate effect or to specify a date for the transfer. The fee is £23.
The police have 14 days to consider your application - if they have no objections we will transfer the licence to you.