Toggle menu

Alcohol and entertainment licences

What type of business needs a Premises Licence?

A premises licence is needed for:

  • Pubs and nightclubs
  • Restaurants/cafes that serve alcohol and/or hot food and drink after 11pm
  • Takeaways/mobile food vans selling hot food and drink after 11pm
  • Hotels, guest houses and holiday parks that sell alcohol
  • Private members clubs and social clubs
  • Cinemas and theatres
  • Off licences
  • Indoor sporting events
  • Certain musical entertainment including live or recorded music and dancing
Last modified on 25 October 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email