Toggle menu

Keeping warm at home

Can I get help to pay my heating bills?

If you are in arrears with your heating bills you should seek advice as soon as possible from DIAL who can help you to manage your money. You can call them on 01493 856900.

Other ways to get help with heating bills:

  • The Warm Home Discount (opens new window) is a one-off discount on your winter electricity bill. You may be eligible if you claim the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit or are on a low income.
  • The Winter Fuel Payment (opens new window) is a payment to help you pay your heating bills. If you get the State Pension or another social security benefit, then you may be eligible.
  • You could receive a Cold Weather Payment (opens new window) if the average temperature in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees Celsius or below over seven consecutive days. You may be eligible if you claim certain means-tested benefits.
Last modified on 16 November 2022

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email