Elections and voting
Review of Polling Districts, Polling Places and Polling Stations
Review of Polling Districts and Places 2023
Every council is required to undertake and complete a review of all polling districts and polling places within its administrative boundary at least once every five years. The last review was completed in January 2020. The new review begins 9 October 2023 and ends 16 November 2023.
The aim of the review is to ensure that:
- electors in the constituency have such reasonable facilities for voting as are practicable in the circumstances
- as far as is reasonable and practicable, the polling places the council is responsible for are accessible to all electors and, when considering the designation of a polling place, must have regard to the accessibility needs of disabled persons
The review will not consider ward boundaries, divisions or parliamentary constituencies.
- Notice of review of polling districts, polling places and polling stations for 2023
- List of the existing polling areas
- Review of Polling Districts, Polling Places and Polling Stations 2023, Acting Returning Officer (ARO) response and suggestions.
- Comments received on polling station review
- Final submission with recommendations to Council