Great Yarmouth Borough Council distributes additional Covid support grants
As the nation continues on the road out of lockdown, Great Yarmouth Borough Council is distributing further grants to support businesses in the borough.
This phase (phase 4) of Additional Restrictions Grant scheme (ARG) is to support businesses in the hospitality, non-essential retail and garage/MOT sectors only. Seasonal businesses are excluded from this phase.
Hospitality businesses that applied for the ARG phase 3 do not need to reapply; Council Officers will be emailing all those eligible to confirm an automatic payment will be made. If you believe your business is no longer eligible, you are asked to email email@example.com as soon as possible.
One-off payments are available under this scheme in five categories:
- Grants of £7,500 are available to business rated hospitality venues such as hotels, restaurants, pubs, cafes with seating inside or elsewhere on the premises (excludes pavement seating only) and nightclubs
- Grants of £3,750 are available to non-business rated hospitality venues such as hotels, restaurants, pubs, cafes with seating inside or elsewhere on the premises (excludes pavement seating only) and nightclubs
- Grants of £4,000 are available to non-business rated non-essential retail with fixed ongoing building costs, such as rent, a commercial mortgage or a lease
- Grants of £7,500 are available to business rated independent garages offering repair and/or MOT services, which can evidence a loss of income of at least 25% in the last year. Documents to support evidence of this loss will be required
- Grants of up to £4,000 are available to market traders, with more information on eligibility available on the website
Cllr Carl Smith, leader of the council, said: ""Since the start of the pandemic, the council has already handed out £51m in Government support grants to help our local businesses. As the nation continues on the roadmap out of lockdown, it's important that we continue to support our local businesses that have been, and continue to be, affected by the ongoing national lockdown restrictions.
"Information and support about the programme, eligibility criteria and further business advice is available on our website."
Visit https://www.great-yarmouth.gov.uk/business-coronavirus-support for the link to the online form, information and support about the grants, eligibility criteria and further business advice. For advice relating to the grants, call 0808 196 2240.