Toggle menu

Domestic Abuse

How to report domestic abuse

Quick exit to Google If you are calling and speaking or making an immediate sound would put you in danger and you need immediate help, there are 2 options, Silent Solution and Text Service.

Silent Solution

  1. dial 999
  2. listen to the question from the 999 operator
  3. respond by coughing or tapping the handset
  4. press 55 when prompted and the call will be transferred to the police, who will know it is an emergency call. 

This service only works from mobiles and not from a landline

Text Service

You must first be registered to use this service.

How to register:

  1. text the word 'register' to 999 ...
  2. you will get a reply - then follow the instructions you are sent

How to use:

Once registered if you need to use the service Text 999 with the following:

  1. who you require (i.e. police)
  2. what is the emergency
  3. what is your location
Last modified on 17 June 2024

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email