Toggle menu

Domestic Abuse

Domestic abuse support information

Quick exit to Google

Domestic Abuse Disclosure (Clare's Law)

If you're in a relationship and concerned your partner may be abusive towards you, you can ask the police to disclose information about them. You can also ask for information if you're concerned about someone else, such as a family member.

For more info, please visit the Norfolk Police website.

Help for children and young people

If you or someone else in our family is being hurt at home, you may not be sure what you can do to get help. Domestic abuse is not your fault, and you will not get into trouble for telling someone about it.

The first thing is to tell someone else what is happening to you. You can tell a teacher, a neighbour, friend, or a friend's parent.

You can call Childline on 0800 1111 for free. They won't tell anyone you are calling unless you are in immediate danger. They can tell you about places where you can get help.

For further help please see the Childline website.

Help with pets

The Dogs Trust Freedom Project is a free fostering service for dogs belonging to people fleeing domestic abuse. This service allows a dog to be looked after in a safe environment whilst the owner is in a refuge/temporary accommodation and until they can be safely reunited.

Paws Protect is a free cat fostering service run by Cats Protection for people experiencing domestic abuse so they can rest assured their cat will be taken care of in a safe environment whilst the owner is in a refuge or temporary accommodation until they can be safely reunited.

Last modified on 01 September 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email