Safe spaces and Ask Ani
This is a scheme set up where victims of domestic abuse can walk into any participating organisation and ask to use their safe space. They provide a safe and discreet way to reach out to friends and family, and contact specialist support services. Safe Spaces are open and ready for you to use. Organisations that provide safe spaces have posters advertising this in their shop window.
Safe Spaces within our Borough
- HSBC - 181 King Street, Great Yarmouth, NR30 1LS
- PHARMACY EXPREZZ - Row 60, 183a King Street, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 1L
- BOOTS - 3 Market Gates Shopping Centre, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2AX
- BOOTS - 87-89 High Street, Gorleston-on-Sea, NR30 6QX
- SUPERDRUG - 138 High Street, Gorleston-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth, NR31 6QX
Ask for ANI
This is a codeword scheme which enables victims of domestic abuse to access immediate help from the police or other support services from the safety of a private space within your local pharmacy. All you need to do is go into one of the pharmacies operating this scheme and "ask for ANI".
To use these services, go to the location approach a member of staff and Ask for ANI ("Please can I speak to ANI") or ask to use a Safe Space ("Do you have a safe space available?")
Ask ANI within our Borough:
- BOOTS - Market Gates Shopping Centre, Great Yarmouth, NR30 2AX