My Account Support
My Account is the new way to access council services, including ordering a Resident Advantage Card, notifying us of a change of address, registering for Business Rates, applying for a Council Tax exemption or discount, applying for Housing Benefit and providing feedback about the Council. To access these online services you must sign up for My Account.
Additionally, you can view your Council Tax, Business Rates, Housing Benefit claim or Sundry Debt account with the Council through our Open Access service. You will need to register separately for the Open Access service.
Registering for an account is easy, only takes a couple of minutes and all you need to get started is an email address. You must not use temporary email addresses like Dispostable, Yopmail or Mailinator as we only respond to secure email addresses like Outlook, Gmail and Yahoo etc.
1. Go to the My Account sign-up page and complete the fields.
2. You will then be sent an email to activate your My Account.
3. Once activated, you can log in, then immediately register for the available services.
If we have set up your account for you all you need to do is verify your account:
1. Take note of the 4 digit pass code you would have received from a Great Yarmouth Borough Council advisor.
2. You would have received an email with a temporary password, use this password to login for the first time.
3. When you first log in you will be asked for your 4 digit passcode, enter this and then you will be promoted to change your password and create a secret answer and question
If you do not receive an email to allow you to activate your account, check that the email hasn't gone directly into your 'spam or junk' folder. If not, register to create a My Account again. If this does not work, contact us via My Account Support.
Any time you start an action within My Account, such as notifying a change of address, reporting a problem or applying for a housing/council tax reduction, a record will appear under 'My History', which appears at the bottom of the main page of My Account:
You can view the progress of your transactions, notifications or interactions with the Council by checking the status column under My History. Once commenced, transactions appearing under My History cannot be deleted. However, transactions and interactions which have been started or saved can be completed and/or submitted.
The various 'Status' categories for transactions or notification under 'My History' are:
- Initiated - represents an initiated bulky waste collection or pest control request that was subsequently abandoned. Abandoned transactions cannot be recommenced. You will need to start a new bulky waste collection request or pest control request.
- Started / Saved - relates to notifications such as a request for a new waste bin, application for a council tax reduction or a planning enforcement issue. Started / Saved transactions can be continued. Simply click on the description appearing under the 'Action' column to return to where you left off when you last saved / exited the notification.
- Success - completed notifications, such as advising of a change of address.
- Submitted - completed transactions, such as an application for a Residents Advantage Card.
- Paid - processed bulky waste collections and pest control requests appear as Paid once booked and paid for.
Contact us via My Account Support and we will help you to reset your account.
You can create a new account using a different email address, and register again for the services which you would like to view. You can contact us via My Account Support and provide your old email address and we can deactivate your account.
If you experience any problems with the tasks listed here or need help with your online use, please contact us via My Account Support and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, contact My Account Support with details of the problem and we will respond to you as soon as we can.
Please provide as much information as possible around the task that you are experiencing problems with (for example details of your web browser, web page where the problem is encountered, task that you are performing) as this will help us diagnose the issue and provide you with a quicker resolution.