Toggle menu

Caravan and camp site licences

Do I need a caravan site licence?

If you want to have a number of caravans on your land you will need to have planning permission and a Caravan Site Licence.

There are some exemptions. You do not need a licence if:

  • Forestry workers, builders, travelling showmen or seasonal workers (like fruit pickers) stay in caravans on the site
  • The site is five or more acres and there are three or fewer caravans there for 28 days or less a year
  • You're a member of an organisation like a caravan club and have a caravan exemption certificate
  • Your site is approved by an organisation with a caravan exemption certificate
  • Members of an exempted organisation stay in their caravans on the site
  • Your site is used for a social get-together of caravan club members (a 'rally')
Last modified on 02 March 2022

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email