Caravan and camp site licences
Do I need a camping licence?
If you want to have a number of tents pitched on your land you will need to have planning permission and a Camping Licence.
There are some exemptions. You do not need a licence if:
- Forestry workers, builders, travelling showmen or seasonal workers (like fruit pickers) stay in tents on the site
- The site is five or more acres and there are three or fewer tents there for 28 days or less a year
- You're a member of an organisation like the Scouts and have an exemption certificate
- Your site is approved by an organisation with a camping exemption certificate
- Members of an exempted organisation stay in their tents on the site