Toggle menu

Food establishments

What toilet facilities do I need to provide for the public in my food premises?

If you provide any seating for people to eat and drink at your premises, you must provide public toilets and hand washing facilities for those people to use.

Great Yarmouth Borough Council has adopted a Code for the provision of customer toilets in eating and drinking establishments (PDF) [79KB] (opens new window) . This code has been produced to ensure adequate toilet facilities are provided within eating and drinking establishments within the Borough of Great Yarmouth. The code covers any premises or establishments used in the sale of food or drink to members of the public for consumption at the place of sale, such as cafes, restaurants, licensed pubs, bars and clubs.

Last modified on 02 March 2022

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email