Data protection policy
When we collect personal information from data subjects we will be clear and transparent about this in what is termed, a privacy notice. Data protection legislation stipulates the information which must be provided.
You can see further details of our privacy notices both on the specific forms and on our website.
A privacy notice includes the details as set out under the UK GDPR at Article 13. We set this out in a clear and accessible manner explaining details such as:
- who we/the joint data controller is
- the contact details of the Council's Data Protection Officer
- the purpose we are collecting the data for and our legal basis for doing so
- the recipients of this data
- how long we store this data for or otherwise our retention criteria
- your rights
- and dependent upon the issue, we may also include additional information in compliance with the legislation
Please note sometimes this information will be layered.
Feedback on privacy notices