Toggle menu

Community safety

I'm not happy with how you dealt with my anti-social behaviour issues - what should I do?

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) Case Review previously known as Community Trigger, gives victims of ASB the right to request a review of their case when the ASB problem has not been addressed. The ASB Case Review is a multi-agency meeting where agencies such as the local Council, Police and housing providers review how they have responded to the issue by conducting a review of the case so far, and formulating a joint action plan to move forward.

If you have complained to the Police, the Council and/or your housing provider on three or more occasions about separate incidents of ASB in the past 6 months and within 1 month of the incident happening, you can apply for an ASB case review. Alternatively you can make an application by calling your local Council and asking someone to help you complete the form.

Independent advice and help are also available from ASB Help (opens new window). ASB Help is a registered charity in England and Wales which has been set up to provide advice and support to victims of anti-social behaviour.

The ASB Case Review does not replace the complaints procedure of Great Yarmouth Borough Council which should be used when there is dissatisfaction with the conduct of an individual or service. It also does not replace your right to complain to the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman or the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

There are a couple of important steps that will happen once you have made your application. These are:

Step 1 : Your application will be sent onto the relevant Operational Partnership Team within 5 days. This team is made up of officers and civilians from the Police and officers from the Council.

Step 2: The Operational Partnership Team will review your application and nominate a single point of contact (SPOC) who will oversee the case. The SPOC will contact you within 7 working days of receiving the application and introduce themselves to you and explain the next steps.

If in the meantime you wish to report further incidents of anti-social behaviour please Contact your housing provider (if applicable), the local Council or the Police via their online reporting mechanism or if this is not available to you via the 101 system. If it is an emergency always dial 999.

A meeting will then take place between the appropriate Community Safety Partnership Agencies, the social housing providers and other partners (if they are involved) to discuss the anti social behaviour and the actions that have been discussed and taken. The group will review how the Partnership has responded and make recommendations on how the problem can be resolved.

A response will be sent to you explaining the actions taken and also suggestions on how the Partnership can further attempt to resolve the anti social behaviour.

You can request a case review by visiting the ASB Case Review (opens new window) page on the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Norfolk website.

If you are not satisfied with the response during the ASB Case Review you are able to appeal.


    Last modified on 29 June 2023

    Share this page

    Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email