Toggle menu

Paying your rent

What can I do if I am being charged for a spare bedroom?

If you are worried about being able to pay your rent you could:

  • Talk to us about moving to a smaller home or taking in a lodger
  • Make sure you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to
  • Try to find paid work to increase your income
  • Apply for discretionary housing payment and continue to pay the rent
Last modified on 27 September 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email