Toggle menu

Voter ID - make sure you are ready

The UK Government is changing how you vote. From May 2023, you will need to show photo ID when you vote at a polling station.

Rubbish and recycling

What happens if I move home?

Black waste and green recycling bins are the property of the Council. If you move home you should ensure that one black waste and one green recycling bin are left at the property. Please do not fill the bins up with the incorrect items when you leave.

Your brown bin is your property and may be taken with you when you move. If you move to another property within the Borough, you need to let us know by calling 01493 742200, otherwise your brown bin will not be emptied.

If you have ordered additional wheeled bins you may take these with you to your new home but please let us know by calling 01493 742200 otherwise extra bins will not be emptied. If your household has changed and you are no longer entitled to the extra capacity please let us know so that we can arrange for the spare bin to be collected.

If you have recently moved to a property within the Borough and the bins have been removed, you can order new or replacement bins by calling us on 01493 742200. Please note there is an administration charge for this service.

Last modified on 17 January 2023

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email