Rubbish and recycling
What should I do if I discover fly-tipped waste?
Most residents are very responsible and manage their waste properly, but a small group choose to ignore the rules. Our environmental rangers will investigate any reports of accumulations of waste and bulky items.
Fly-tipping can be reported via:
- the Love Clean Streets app or website (see our How do I report fly-tipping? page for details)
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 01493 846478
The abandonment of waste is an offence under the Environmental Protection Act and the maximum penalty is an unlimited fine and/or imprisonment.
If you have excess household waste or bulky items, you can:
- arrange for removal by contacting Great Yarmouth Services Ltd (a fee will be payable)
- make an online booking for collection of bulky items
- take to the Caister Recycling Centre (opens new window)
Prev : What should I do with clinical sharps? Next : My bin has been damaged or lost, what can I do?
Last modified on 01 April 2023